William S. Orosz
President, Hanover Capital Partners
Bill Orosz, a graduate of Dartmouth College and Harvard Business School, began his career in Naples, Florida, with a leading national homebuilder. He later joined Savill & Company in Indianapolis where he created one of the state's largest property management companies overseeing the management of 6,000 apartments and 2 million square feet of office space. In addition to property management, Orosz formed Savill Builders & Associates which grew into one of the largest custom homebuilders in the greater Indianapolis market.
In 1980, Orosz moved to Orlando where he became President and Chief Executive Officer of Catalina Homes, a small local residential building company. During his eleven-year tenure with Catalina, sales grew from 69 homes per year to more than 1,200 a year with operations throughout the State of Florida and in Indianapolis, Indiana.
In 1991, Orosz formed Cambridge Homes, Ltd., as a Central Florida residential building company. In 1997 the company expanded housing operations into Charlotte, North Carolina, became active in land development through its sister company, Cambridge Development, Ltd., and in mortgage financing through Cambridge Mortgage Company, LLC.
In 2005, after having constructed more than 14,000 homes in Central Florida and North Carolina, Orosz sold all of the Cambridge entities, with the exception of land development operations, to K. Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., of Red Bank, New Jersey. At the time, Hovnanian was 6th largest builder in the United States and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
In May, 2007, Orosz formed Hanover Capital Partners to continue managing the land development assets of Cambridge Development and to pursue new residential, commercial and industrial land development opportunities.
In addition to his business endeavors, Orosz has been involved in the following community activities:
- Co-Chairman / Fundraising Committee(s) For Annunciation Catholic Church — Child Care Center – Cultural Center & Gymnasium - Elementary School – New Church
- School Board President — Annunciation Catholic Academy
- School Board Member — Bishop Moore High School
- Chairperson — Annunciation Catholic Church Finance Committee
- Past Member / Chairman — Finance Committee For the Catholic Diocese of Orlando
- Member & Past President — Orlando Chapter of Legatus (A National Organization of Catholic CEOs)
- Founding Chairperson — Catholic Foundation of Central Florida
- Advisory Board Member — Diocese of Orlando Mission Office (Dominican Republic based health, education and housing mission)
- Board Member — Florida Bank of Commerce
- Board Member — B&W Quality Growers, Inc.
- Former Advisory Board Member — Rollins College, Crummer School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurship
- Former Advisory Board Member — University of Notre Dame College of Arts and Letters
- Board Member — Catholic Leadership Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Board Member — Augustine Institute, Denver, Colorado
P: (407) 426-6837